Land & Facilities
The Recreation Ground was bequeathed to the village in 1920 by Lord Cornwallis. It is in the heart of the village and consist of four levels
- Lower Field
- Lower Playing Field
- Upper Playing Field
- Upper Recreation Field
is leased to local farmers for sheep grazing. There are a number of trees planted in memory of former residents.
Upper and Lower Playing Fields
The Upper and Lower Playing Fields are leased to the Egerton Playing Fields Association.
Childrens Play Area, Basket Ball Area and Skate Park
The Childrens Play Area is on the Upper Recreation Field. The Skate Park is on the Lower Playing Field. These facilities are the responsibility of the Parish Council.
Millenium Village Hall
The Millenium Village Hall(external link) is on the highest level. The Village Hall is rented from the Parish Council for a nominal sum and is the responsibility of the Village Hall Management Committee.
The Games Barn is on the highest level opposite the Village Hall. It is managed by one of the the Games Barn sub-committee of the Parish Council.
The car park nearest to the Hall is owned and the responsibility of the Parish Council. The tarmac area of the car park behind Rock Hill is owned by Ashford Borough Council.
The Glebe is in front of the village shop and is owned by the Parish Council.
The Red Telephone Box
The Red Telephone Box on Stonebridge Green is owned and maintained by the Parish Council. Home for Egerton Microlibrary.
Village Notice Boards
Village notice boards are located on The Glebe, at the Village Hall and by the bus stop in Egerton Forstal
Benches and Picnic Tables
Many villagers have kindly donated benches and picnic tables to the Parish Council. Donations are often in memory of a long standing resident. They are located on the Recreation Grounds, The Glebe and at Pembles Cross.